I think Blackberry is fighting hard to take back its spot by developing more useful and invaluable gadgets like the Blackberry Passport. Blackberry Passport is specially aimed at boosting productivity by introducing a Blackberry Assistant and also re-inventing the physical keyboard to respond to touch.
Blackberry Passport wants its users to do more with little effort in no time, on-the-go with the introduction of Blackberry Assistant in its latest Blackberry 10.3 Operating System. The BlackBerry Assistant will keep you organized, informed and productive.
Interacting with the Blackberry Assistant with voice and by typing turns your phone into your Personal Assistant, helping you do want you want to do, when you want to do; from reading your emails to setting up a reminder for a meeting and looking up information over the internet; all voice activated and can also be done all hands-free since the app is designed to be compatible with any Bluetooth device.
Why I’m really impressed about the Blackberry Assistance is its ability to adapt to its user and learns the more its been used; the more you speak to it, the more tuned-in to your queries it gets.(Amazing voice recognition and iterating knowledge base technology).
Also the Blackberry Passport as re-invented its physical keyboard to respond to touch, making it easier to get typing done faster, so you have more ways to control your smartphone without having to use the touchscreen. With rows of touch-sensitive physical keys, BlackBerry Passport combines the efficiency of tactile typing with touchscreen-like navigation to deliver on that productivity promise.
The Blackberry Passport goes further by including a smart virtual 4th row on-screen that smartly shifts depending on context.
See full Blackberry Passport Keyboard Features/Functions below:
• Faster scrolling: As noted above, you can use the keyboard to swipe up and down to scroll on long lists in a document or on a browser page, keeping your fingers off the screen and focused on what’s happening.
• More intuitive cursor control and text selection: This is a classic BlackBerry productivity enhancement reinvented for the Passport. Double-tap the keyboard, then drag your finger across the keyboard to drop the cursor at precisely the right point. Or select the text just as you would on an older BlackBerry: hold the SHIFT key while dragging your finger across the keyboard to extend a selection.
• Smart, contextual virtual keys: The Passport’s QWERTY 3-row keyboard creates a clean-looking, right-sized layout. There is also a virtual 4th row on-screen that smartly shifts depending on context. So if you’re typing a password on-screen, the 4th row would automatically include numbers and symbols commonly used in passwords. If you’re typing an e-mail, the ‘@’ symbol will be displayed, and when surfing the Web, the colon and backslash characters needed to type in a URL will be displayed. Like I said, smart! With a little practice, most Passport users should find themselves typing faster than ever before.
• Flick to type: Stuck on a word? BlackBerry 10’s next word suggestion feature learns from you to give you smart, personalized choice of words you’re likely to type. You then just flick up to complete the word.
• Easier delete: Made a mistake? No problem, just swipe back (left) to Delete the last word, just like on our virtual keyboard!
• Entering an accented character? Hold the letter key down, and then lightly tap on the key to add the appropriate accent!
Let us know what you think about this amazing innovative Smartphone from Blackberry via comments box below. For me I see Humans getting lazier with this gadgets do all and human do little or nothing inventions
Labels: blackberry, Tech News